The Master School works in collaboration with 17 leading technical universities, including the University of Rennes 1, in nine countries with research and industry partners from all over Europe.
The EIT Digital Master School aims to train professionals with cutting-edge technical excellence in the key areas of digital technology, combined with strong expertise in innovation and entrepreneurship. Cybersecurity is one of the eight Master School programmes that are proposed to students.
The University of Rennes 1 wanted to respond to the solicitation of EIT Digital, by opening a second EIT Digital Master's programme. Indeed, after the Master Cloud Computing & Services, the University will open in September 2018, the Master Cybersecurity.
Within EIT Digital’s philosophy, the Master must be followed in two different partner universities, the first year will be offered by the University of Rennes 1, the University of Trento in Italy, the University of Turku in Finland and the University of Twente in the Netherlands. In addition to these universities, the academic institutions EURECOM in Nice (France) and ELTE in Hungary offer the second year.
Students can apply at the online registration site until April 15, 2018 to enter the cohort of 2018-2019.
The local coordinators for the Master EIT Digital at the University of Rennes 1 are:
• Professor Guillaume Pierre (email@example.com) for the Master Cloud Computing
• Professor Pierre-Alain Fouque (firstname.lastname@example.org)for the Cybersecurity Master
Why did EIT Digital open the Cyber Security Master at the University of Rennes 1?
• Brittany is becoming a benchmark player in the field of cybersecurity, through its industrial fabric of players and key industries of cybersecurity. 140 companies, from the large group (Airbus, Alcatel, Sopra Steria, Thales ...) to SMEs, offer technical solutions covering the entire cybersecurity value chain: security of electronic systems, cryptography, data integrity, protection infrastructure and networks, risk mapping ...
• The cyber excellence pole, initiated by the Ministry of the Armed Forces and supported by the Regional Council of Brittany, is established in Brittany and constitutes a key element of the development of the sector at national and international level.
• It was in 2017, that also took place the second edition of the European Cyber Week, international event, with the support of the Ministry of the Armed Forces and the Brittany Region. Addressing a broad audience of researchers, corporate executives, investors, cybersecurity specialists, institutional or students, this event offers a series of meetings and exchanges around a topic that has become a major concern for all.