- THE World University Ranking 2020
- QS World University Rankings 2021
- Academic ranking of world universities (Shanghai Rankings)
THE World University Ranking 2020
THE ranking is based on 13 carefully calibrated performance indicators that measure an institution’s performance across four areas: teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
Université de Rennes 1 is ranked 601-800th in the Times Higher Education ranking, and appears in six disciplines in the thematic rankings:
Computer science: 301-400; Life sciences, physical science: 401-500, Business and economics: 501+; Clinical and Health: 501-600
QS World University Rankings 2021
Université de Rennes 1 is ranked 801-1000 in the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) world ranking, with 28 other French HEIs, thanks to several criterias, among which academic reputation, as well as its proportion of researchers and international students.
Our university is ranked among the best universities in the world for seven disciplines: Chemistry, Medicine, Computer science, Mathematics, Electrical and electronical engineering, Life science and Biology.
Academic ranking of world universities (Shanghai Rankings)
Université de Rennes 1's ranking improves in 2020 edition.
More than 1800 universities are actually ranked by ARWU every year and the best 1000 are published. Université de Rennes has appeared in the Shangai rankings since 2004, and is ranked this year 501-600 in the institutional ranking, thanks to several indicators such as:
the number of alumni and staff winning Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals; number of highly cited researchers selected by Clarivate Analytics; number of articles published in journals of Nature and Science; number of articles indexed in Science Citation Index - Expanded and Social Sciences Citation Index, and per capita performance of a university.
30 French universities appeared in 2020 edition.
Université de Rennes 1 appears in 17 disciplines in the Global Ranking of Academic Subjects:
• Mathematics and water resources: 76-100
• Medical technology, Telecommunication engineering, Earth science: 151-200
• Physics, Chemistry, Ecology: 201-300
• Electronical and electric engineering, Environmental science, Food science, Clinical medicine: 301-400
• Computer science, Material science and engineering, Pharmacy and pharmaceutical science, Biological science, Public health (appearing this year): 401-500