This year, Olivier Bonnaud, Professor Emeritus of the University of Rennes, attached to the Department of Microsensors and Microelectronics of the IETR (Institute of Electronics and Telecomunication) and Permanent Guest Professor of South-East University (S.E.U) of Nanjing has been awarded this medal, as a result of his academic contributions with the province of Jiangsu, such as :
- the implementation in 2006 of the international master's degree in Microelectronics with the University of Rennes 1
- his contribution to the implementation of the International Doctoral School between the same institutions and validated in 2018 by the Government of China
- the implementation in 2013 of innovative annual courses for Bachelor students in S.E.U's Electronics Department, and annual seminars at the S.E.U. Chien-Shiung Wu Institute (College-Honors)
- his contribution to research activities with the S.E.U. Display Department in conjunction collaboration with the IETR Microsensors and Microelectronics Department (UMR 6164)
- his actions on Innovation as part of the "1000 Global Talents " Programme from 2013 to 2016.