- Courses & education continuity
- Daily life & student life
- International mobility
- I wish to come and study at Université de Rennes 1 (individual or exchange mobility) in 2021-2022
- Staff & researchers
- Health instructions and situation
- I face difficulties. Who can I turn to ?
Courses & education continuity
Masks must still be worn indoors and in busy areas on outdoor campuses.
Classrooms and amphitheatres may be used up to 100% of their capacites according to modalities of each teachning department.
If you find yourself in trouble or you anticipate any difficulties, please answer this online questionnaire en ligne (update in af few days) so that the University can help you find solutions (equipment loand and/or help regarding connection). In the meantime you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of digital trouble.
Students that can't have a internet connection and/or appropriate equipment to attend their online classes can access, computer rooms on each campus.
Please remember there are reading rooms available in university libraries : they are equipped with computers
All the exams initially expected on site from April 6th to May 2nd will take place online. Only the PACES, PASS and health option L.AS competitive exams will take place on-site.
The continuous assessments for less than 50 students groups will take place on-site.
Warning : the terms and conditions could be revised and adapted for the month of May exams according to health circumstances evolution.
The 3 libraries stay open but their operation will adjust to the new health instructions.
The libraries will welcome you from 8:45 AM to 7 PM, from Monday to Friday and till 5:30 PM on Saturday.
Daily life & student life
Cafets on the campuses also welcome you (depending on the location, your health pass may be required if you wish to have lunch inside. Takeaway food does not require a health pass.
Please respect the covid measures put in place in each location.
Please also limit your presence strictly to your meal time in order to facilitate access to as many people as possible.
It may be required if you take part in cultural or sporting events open to the public from outside the university. In the case of certain catering facilities (excluding university restaurants), it may also be required.
1. The mobility is bound for one of the green or orange zones of the COVID map published by the government on June 9th with restrictions for orange zones.
2. The mobility bound for an orange zone according to the COVID map published by the government is authorized by University of Rennes 1 as long as the country is pointed out as as geopolitically safe by the Ministery of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE).
Only countries announced as green by the MEAE are authorized : all countries with red, orange or yellow zones aren’t authorized for a mobility in the universitary context. All these informations are visible on the maps published on MEAE website (click on the geographical zone to show the maps).
|Government covid categorization|
|Green zone||Orange zone||Red zone|
✔ : out of Europe mobility allowed (*under conditions)
❌ : out of Europe mobility forbidden
In the face of constant evolution of the rules regarding the opening of boarders, a positive response don’t necessarily mean a insured departure. You might find difficulties, especially during visa request. Any authorized trip requires knowing all the potential restrictions applied to the country of destination (covid test needed, quarantaine measure, compelling reason needed…).
The documents required for any mobility out of EU are :
- a permission to leave the territory
- a certificate of attendance at school established by the University
- if necessary, a document proving than the mobility is mandatory in the context of an exchange program
- any necessary document asked by the authorities of the receiving country
The certificate for international travel and mobility are available on the Minister of the Interior website.
Don't forget that some countries might demand a quarantaine and its cost can be substantial. You should also make sure to have an insurance covering the health fees related to COVID and the repatriation.
I wish to come and study at Université de Rennes 1 (individual or exchange mobility) in 2021-2022
Staff & researchers
All research activities are progressively resuming on site while respecting barrier procedures.
Two ways of organisation can be considered :
- a "normal" defense, on-site, gathering all members of the jury.
NB : until further notice, external public can't assist the defense, the thesis drink party are also suspended.
- a online defense, partial or complete, all members of the jury or a part of them assist remotely.
This remote mode follows a exemption procedure and have to be the subject of a preliminary request argued with the postgraduate school (27/1/2020 decree related to video conferencing for work presentation as part of an authorisation to lead research works and thesis defense). Without any particular clause and in accordance with the confidentiality of the deliberations, spectators (laboratories members...) can then be present during the defense (by sharing the visio).
Health instructions and situation
Please find all the informations by following this link.
Informations from Centre de mobilité Internationale de Rennes
Informations from Centre de mobilité Internationale de Rennes
I report to the administration ASAP :
> if I have tested positive (with or without symptoms)
> if I have been identified as a "cas contact" (exposed to someone with COVID-19) by a general practitioner or by the Assurance Maladie
> if I have several symptoms and I am expecting to get tested, or expecting results of a virological test
Symptoms of COVID-19
Common symptoms are fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Other symptoms may include chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell
You think you have symptoms of Covid-19, and you want to know what to do?
A medical guidance questionnaire is at your disposal
- I call a doctor rightaway, and I get a medical consultation ASAP (teleconsultation or physical consultation) in order to be examinated, and to get prescribed a virological (RT-PCR) test if necessary.
It is possible to get tested without medical prescription, even without having symptoms. With or without prescription, the test is fully reimbursed by the Health insurance. Worth noting : starting from January 25th, students from Rennes can be tested for free and without having an appointment, directly on Beaulieau, Center, Villejean and Ker Lann campuses.
- I report to the university administration.
- I check where is the nearest testing centre on sante.fr, and I get an appointment.
- I go to the testing centre with my identity card/passport, my Carte Vitale and my prescription for the test
- I stay home and wait for the results
- I get the results within 24 to 36 hours
Meanwhile, I stay home and avoid contacts. If the symptoms get worse, or if I have shortness of breath, I call the emergency number 15 (SAMU ambulance service).
If I have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, I get informed by the Assurance maladie staff.
- I stay home and isolate myself
- I report to the university administration
- I get tested
- I check on my health, my temperature (twice a day), and check whether I have new symptoms
I face difficulties. Who can I turn to ?
You are an international student and you face difficulties related to quarantaine : please let us know with this form dedicated to international students. A Teams discussion space and a Facebook group are available online.
On Beaulieu campus (access upon reservation from 8AM to 6PM, monday-friday). Six computer rooms are available, in Building 40
On Villejean campus (access upon reservation from 8AM to 6PM, monday-friday)
On central campus (access upon reservation from 8AM to 5PM, monday-friday)
Libraries also proposes seats with computers, upon reservation.
Check where the study rooms, computer rooms and librairies are on our international student guide (p9-11)
In case you have specific questions, you can contact us to the following email adress: email@example.com