- Health instructions and situation
- Courses & education continuity
- Daily life & student life
- International mobility
- I wish to come and study at Université de Rennes 1 (individual or exchange mobility) in 2021-2022
- Staff & researchers
- I face difficulties. Who can I turn to ?
Health instructions and situation
- If I have been tested positive (with or without symptoms)
- If I have been identified as a "cas contact" (exposed to someone with COVID-19) by a general practitioner or by the Assurance Maladie
- If I have several symptoms and I am expecting to get tested, or expecting results of a virological test
Symptoms of COVID-19
Common symptoms are fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Other symptoms may include chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell. You think you have symptoms of Covid-19, and you want to know what to do?
- I call a doctor rightaway, and I get a medical consultation ASAP (teleconsultation or physical consultation) in order to be examinated, and to get prescribed a virological (RT-PCR) test if necessary.
It is possible to get tested without medical prescription, even without having symptoms, but the test is no longer reimbursed by the health insurance > find the closest screening center
- I report to the university administration.
- I go to the testing center with my identity card/passport, my Carte Vitale and my prescription for the test
- I stay home and wait for the results
- I get the results within 24 to 36 hours
Meanwhile, I stay home and avoid contacts. If the symptoms get worse, or if I have shortness of breath, I call the emergency number 15 (SAMU ambulance service).
If I have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, I will be informed by the Assurance maladie staff*.
- I stay home and isolate myself
- I report to the university administration
- I get tested
- I check on my health, my temperature (twice a day), and check whether or not I have new symptoms
*If I am informed by a close relation who has Covid and I had a risky contact with them (close contact without wearing a mask for example), I limit my contacts while waiting for a phone call from the Assurance Maladie.
Courses & education continuity
Classrooms and amphitheatres may be used up to 100% of their capacites (according to modalities of each teaching department). The TP (practical work) and TD (tutorials) will take place in premises used up to 100% of their capacities.
Your directors of studies will let you know of any organization adjustment of your educational activities.
Please remember there are reading rooms available in university libraries : they are equipped with computers. Students that can't have a internet connection and/or appropriate equipment to attend their online classes can access computer rooms on each campus.
The 3 libraries stay open but their operation will adjust to the new health instructions. You can find all the resources online, accesibles and available from home 24/7.
Daily life & student life
Cafets on the campuses also welcome you (depending on the location, your health pass may be required if you wish to have lunch inside. Takeaway food does not require a health pass.
Please respect the covid measures in place in each location. Please strictly limit your presence to your meal time in order to facilitate access to as many people as possible.
It may be required if you take part in cultural or sporting events open to the public from outside the university. In the case of certain catering facilities (excluding university restaurants), it may also be required.
As a reminder, the health pass is a proof of :
1 / vaccination, on condition than people have a complete course of vaccinations available and taking into account the necessary time after the last injection
2 / negative test performed less than 72h ago (or 48h ago for antigen detection tests within the scope of a trip toward some destinations, such as the Corse, the overseas governments and the European Union)
3/ the result of a positive RT-PCR test or antigen test vouching for a recovery from Covid-19, dating from at least 11 days and less than 6 months.
*The health proofs allowing a valid health pass are likely to vary over time : more informations
The University of Rennes 1 allow the mobilities and missions abroad, as long as :
1. The mobility is bound for one of the green or orange zones of the COVID map published by the government on December 3rd with restrictions for orange zones.
2. The mobility is bound for an orange zone according to the COVID map published by the government is authorized by University of Rennes 1 as long as the country is pointed out as as geopolitically safe by the Ministery of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE).
Only countries announced as green by the MEAE are authorized : all countries with red, orange or yellow zones aren’t authorized for a mobility in the universitary context. All these informations are visible on the maps published on MEAE website (click on the geographical zone to show the maps).
In the face of constant evolution of the rules regarding the opening of boarders, a positive response don’t necessarily mean a insured departure. You might find difficulties, especially during visa request. Any authorized trip requires knowing all the potential restrictions applied to the country of destination (covid test needed, quarantaine measure, compelling reason needed…) and the return conditions.
Students must be able to provide :
- a permission to leave the territory
- a certificate of attendance at school established by the University
- if necessary, a document proving than the mobility is mandatory in the context of an exchange program
- any necessary document asked by the authorities of the receiving country
The certificate for international travel and mobility are available on the Minister of the Interior website.
Don't forget that some countries might demand a quarantaine and its cost can be substantial. You should also make sure to have an insurance covering the health fees related to COVID and the repatriation.
1. Refer to the classification of the zone where the mobility is expected
(1) First on the COVID map published by the gouvernment
The university will approve a mobility bound to a "green" zone
It will not approve a mobility bound to a "red" and "scarlet" zone
The university can approve a mobility bound to a "orange" zone as long as the country is indicated as geopolitically safe by the Ministry of Europe and International Affairs (MEAE)
The university won't approve a mobility bound to a "red", "scarlet", "orange" and "yellow" zone
In case of a zone turning to "red" or "scarlet" during your stay for any reason, you'll be asked to end the mobility
In case of cancellation of the trip abroad, the university won't be responsible for induced consequences (cost, repatriation, rent loss, etc.)
(1) Read the rules at this link
(2) Check the rules and their updates on the visited country's government or embassy website
For an internship request : before leaving, make sure you read the "traveller advices" available on the government website and please join the document «CONDITIONS D’ENTRÉE ET DE SÉJOUR DANS LE PAYS D’ACCUEIL» to your work placement agreement.
I wish to come and study at Université de Rennes 1 (individual or exchange mobility) in 2021-2022
Staff & researchers
All research activities are progressively resuming on site while respecting barrier procedures.
Two ways of organisation can be considered :
- a "normal" defense, on-site, gathering all members of the jury.
NB : until further notice, external public can't assist the defense, the thesis drink party are also suspended.
- a online defense, partial or complete, all members of the jury or a part of them assist remotely.
This remote mode follows a exemption procedure and have to be the subject of a preliminary request argued with the postgraduate school (27/1/2020 decree related to video conferencing for work presentation as part of an authorisation to lead research works and thesis defense). Without any particular clause and in accordance with the confidentiality of the deliberations, spectators (laboratories members...) can then be present during the defense (by sharing the visio).
I face difficulties. Who can I turn to ?
On Beaulieu campus, six computer rooms are available, in Building 40
On central campus :
Libraries also proposes seats with computers, upon reservation.
Check where the study rooms, computer rooms and librairies are on our international student guide (p9-11)
In case you have specific questions, you can contact us to the following email adress: firstname.lastname@example.org