- Courses & education continuity
- Daily life & student life
- Visa and residence informations
- I wish to come and study at Université de Rennes 1 (individual or exchange mobility) in 2021-2022
- Staff & researchers
- Health instructions and situation
- I face difficulties. Who can I turn to ?
To justify your trips regarding teaching activities on site :
- if you live less than 10 km away from University of Rennes 1, be ready to provide :
- from 6 AM to 7 PM : a proof of address
- from 7 PM to 6 AM : a duly filled exemption certificate (curfew), downloadable on the ministry of Interior website and on the app #TousAntiCovid, + a certificate established by University of Rennes 1, accessible with your sesame + an electronic or regular version of your schedule.
- if you live more than 10 km away from University of Rennes 1, be ready to provide :
- a duly filled exemption certificate, downloadable on the ministry of Interior website (English version available) and on the app #TousAntiCovid, + a certificate established by University of Rennes 1, accessible
Courses & education continuity
- The on-site teaching run through up to one day per week.
- Fields trips are allowed which respects of the health instructions.
If you find yourself in trouble or you anticipate any difficulties, please answer this online questionnaire en ligne so that the University can help you find solutions (equipment loand and/or help regarding connection).
Students that can't have a internet connection and/or appropriate equipment to attend their online classes can access, by appointment, computer rooms on each campus.
Please remember there are reading rooms available in university libraries : they are equipped with computers
Mandatory booking to access the reading rooms, to take a place and study in the library, including to print, photocopy and/or scan documents.
All the exams initially expected on site from April 6th to May 2nd will take place online. Only the PACES, PASS and health option L.AS competitive exams will take place on-site.
The continuous assessments for less than 50 students groups will take place on-site.
Warning : the terms and conditions could be revised and adapted for the month of May exams according to health circumstances evolution.
Starting from April 6th, the libraries will welcome you by reservation from 8:45 AM to 5:30 PM, from monday to saturday.
Until May 31st, 2 reading rooms in Villejean Santé library stay open from 8 AM, from monday to friday (by reservation and without library service).
On the other hand, in accordance with prefectural decree, sports halls are closed for any free practice, competition training and animations are suspended and courses reserved for staff are cancelled.
In addition, sporting associations addressed to adults can't keep their activity in sporting infrastructures managed by the SIUAPS.
Daily life & student life
Visa and residence informations
More informations about the reopening of the frontiers can be found here.
Professionnal travels and missions out of Europe are authorized, anyhow staff must remain vigilant and keep informed of the situation of their destination country prior to their departure.
I wish to come and study at Université de Rennes 1 (individual or exchange mobility) in 2021-2022
Staff & researchers
When the activities can't be done remotely, staff and researchers can still access laboratories and research infrastructures. To move there, they must be able to provide :
- a business trip certificate delivered by University of Rennes 1,
- a duly filled exemption certificate, downloadable on the ministry of Interior website and on the app #TousAntiCovid
- a proof of ID
Two ways of organisation can be considered :
- a "normal" defense, on-site, gathering all members of the jury.
NB : until further notice, external public can't assist the defense, the thesis drink party are also suspended.
- a online defense, partial or complete, all members of the jury or a part of them assist remotely.
This remote mode follows a exemption procedure and have to be the subject of a preliminary request argued with the postgraduate school (27/1/2020 decree related to video conferencing for work presentation as part of an authorisation to lead research works and thesis defense). Without any particular clause and in accordance with the confidentiality of the deliberations, spectators (laboratories members...) can then be present during the defense (by sharing the visio).
Health instructions and situation
- I apply precaution gestures.
- I call a doctor in case I have symptoms of COVID-19, even they are moderate or if I have a doubt .
- I do a virological test if prescribed by a doctor. Worth noting : starting from January 25th, students from Rennes can be tested for free and without having an appointment, directly on Beaulieau, Center, Villejean and Ker Lann campuses.
- I stay at home and isolate myself rightaway in case I'm ill or if I was exposed to someone with COVID-19.
The TousAntiCovid app : a complementary precaution gesture.
The app, created by the government on October 22nd, aim for helping the information along for people in contact with COVID-19 and accelerating the treatment, in addition to the doctors and the Assurance Maladie work.
I report to the administration ASAP :
> if I have tested positive (with or without symptoms)
> if I have been identified as a "cas contact" (exposed to someone with COVID-19) by a general practitioner or by the Assurance Maladie
> if I have several symptoms and I am expecting to get tested, or expecting results of a virological test
Symptoms of COVID-19
Common symptoms are fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Other symptoms may include chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell
You think you have symptoms of Covid-19, and you want to know what to do?
A medical guidance questionnaire is at your disposal
- I call a doctor rightaway, and I get a medical consultation ASAP (teleconsultation or physical consultation) in order to be examinated, and to get prescribed a virological (RT-PCR) test if necessary.
It is possible to get tested without medical prescription, even without having symptoms. With or without prescription, the test is fully reimbursed by the Health insurance. Worth noting : starting from January 25th, students from Rennes can be tested for free and without having an appointment, directly on Beaulieau, Center, Villejean and Ker Lann campuses.
- I report to the university administration.
- I check where is the nearest testing centre on sante.fr, and I get an appointment.
- I go to the testing centre with my identity card/passport, my Carte Vitale and my prescription for the test
- I stay home and wait for the results
- I get the results within 24 to 36 hours
Meanwhile, I stay home and avoid contacts. If the symptoms get worse, or if I have shortness of breath, I call the emergency number 15 (SAMU ambulance service).
If I have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, I get informed by the Assurance maladie staff.
- I stay home and isolate myself
- I report to the university administration
- I get tested
- I check on my health, my temperature (twice a day), and check whether I have new symptoms
I face difficulties. Who can I turn to ?
You are an international student and you face difficulties related to quarantaine : please let us know with this form dedicated to international students. A Teams discussion space and a Facebook group are available online.
On Beaulieu campus (access upon reservation from 8AM to 6PM, monday-friday). Six computer rooms are available, in Building 40
On Villejean campus (access upon reservation from 8AM to 6PM, monday-friday)
On central campus (access upon reservation from 8AM to 5PM, monday-friday)
Libraries also proposes seats with computers, upon reservation.
Check where the study rooms, computer rooms and librairies are on our international student guide (p9-11)
In case you have specific questions, you can contact us to the following email adress: firstname.lastname@example.org