- Measures at Université de Rennes 1
- Visa and residence informations
- I wish to come and study at Université de Rennes 1 (individual or exchange mobility) in 2021-2022
► Documents such as exemption certificate during lockdown can be found in english on the dedicated Governmental website.
Measures at Université de Rennes 1
- SIUAPS courses which contribute to the academic training
- High-level trainings (University sport section).
For these activities, the sanitary measures and precautions to be followed :
- Coming on time (not in advance), and wait outside the premices
- Wearing the facemask when not practicing sport
- Not staying for a long time in the changing rooms, dans les vestiaires, using one seat out of two and one shower out of two.
- If possible, coming to the courses with your traning cloths on.
- Washing hands before and after
Université de Rennes 1 is currently establishing a Continuous Activity Action plan, in order to enable the continuity of research activities, and the presence on site of some researchers and staff. More information will be available soon.
To study inside the library, you must reserve a seat.
On Beaulieu campus (access upon reservation from 8AM to 6PM, monday-friday). Six computer rooms are available, in Building 40
On Villejean campus (access upon reservation from 8AM to 6PM, monday-friday)
On central campus (access upon reservation from 8AM to 5PM, monday-friday)
Libraries also proposes seats with computers, upon reservation.
Check where the study rooms, computer rooms and librairies are on our international student guide (p9-11)
An exemption certificate, to be downloaded on the Ministry of the interior's website,
> For students: the certificate provided by the president of Université de Rennes 1.
+ a document proving the reason of your travel (eg: copy of your timetable, reservation for going to the library, confirmation of an appointment with one of the university services) and your student card
> For staff/ researcher: the certificate the university provided by your service/laboratory
I report to the administration ASAP :
> if I have tested positive (with or without symptoms)
> if I have been identified as a "cas contact" (exposed to someone with COVID-19) by a general practitioner or by the Assurance Maladie
> if I have several symptoms and I am expecting to get tested, or expecting results of a virological test
Symptoms of COVID-19
Common symptoms are fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Other symptoms may include chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell
You think you have symptoms of Covid-19, and you want to know what to do?
A medical guidance questionnaire is at your disposal
- I call a doctor rightaway, and I get a medical consultation ASAP (teleconsultation or physical consultation) in order to be examinated, and to get prescribed a virological (RT-PCR) test if necessary.
It is possible to get tested without medical prescription, even without having symptoms. With or without prescription, the test is fully reimbursed by the Health insurance.
- I report to the university administration.
- I check where is the nearest testing centre on sante.fr, and I get an appointment.
- I go to the testing centre with my identity card/passport, my Carte Vitale and my prescription for the test
- I stay home and wait for the results
- I get the results within 24 to 36 hours
Meanwhile, I stay home and avoid contacts. If the symptoms get worse, or if I have shortness of breath, I call the emergency number 15 (SAMU ambulance service).
If I have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, I get informed by the Assurance maladie staff.
- I stay home and isolate myself
- I report to the university administration
- I get tested
- I check on my health, my temperature (twice a day), and check whether I have new symptoms
- I apply precaution gestures.
- I call a doctore in case I have symptoms of COVID-19, even if moderate or if I have a doubt .
- I do a virological test if prescribed by a doctor.
- I stay at home and isolate myself rightaway in case I'm ill or if I was exposed to someone with COVID-19.
Visa and residence informations
More informations about the reopening of the frontiers can be found here.
Professionnal travels and missions out of Europe are authorized, anyhow staff must remain vigilant and keep informed of the situation of their destination country prior to their departure.
I wish to come and study at Université de Rennes 1 (individual or exchange mobility) in 2021-2022
In case you have specific questions, you can contact us to the following email adress: