What is the European Student Card?
The ESC is a digital framework which allows the students to use their current card, be it ISIC, university card or other, to access facilities and services at the host university in the same fashion as the local students do, thus minimizing the administrative and paperwork. Via this process, the visiting student will have established digital identity in the information system of host university, making the whole transition process easier for all parties involved.
The approach of the partners will make it possible to transpose this experience so that other higher education institutions can benefit from its results. Ultimately, we hope that the 160,000 students of the EDUC alliance will benefit from the European student card and will have easy access to various services within EDUC universities, thus allowing a simplified management of their student paths on a European scale.
The Educards project is a strategic partnership project (KA203) funded by the European Erasmus + programme.
1. Experiment a methodological framework for implementing the European student card
2. Facilitate the use of the card by students
3. Optimize and improve the implementation of ESC
2. Collaborative work on the implementation of the card and production of deliverables:
- Development of a methodology for the implementation of ESC applicable to all HEIs
- Development of a « user manual » for students
- Experimentation within partner universities and report on the 1st year of experimentation of the ESC in order to help the implementation of the card in other HEIs.
3. Organisation of a dissemination seminar on the implementation of the ESC within HEIs.
● Potsdam University (Germany)
● Université Paris-Nanterre (France)
● Masaryk University (Czech Republic)
● University of Cagliari (Italy)
● University of Pécs (Hungary)