- Informations about administrative procedures and visas
- Exchange students : bilateral agreement / BCI / Erasmus + programme
- Degree-seeking students
Informations about administrative procedures and visas
You can find out more information about applying to a study programme in France on Campus France website, or on the CMI (Centre for International Mobility) website, our helpdesk dedicated to international students in Rennes.
Exchange students : bilateral agreement / BCI / Erasmus + programme
Students who wish to come and study at Université de Rennes 1 for a year or a semester, have to get selected by their home institution in order to be part of the programme. Accordingly, a learning agreement is signed between our university and our partner, regarding the teaching units that will constitute the learning period.
Once the exchange student validates his exams at Université de Rennes 1, he gets credits that will enable him to pursue his studies in his home university or to apply to a graduate programme.
For any enquiry concerning student mobility at Université de Rennes 1, you can get in touch with the International relations office of the department in which you want to study
Besides students coming to Rennes for an exchange programme, our university also welcomes individual students that wish to enroll a graduating programme, from Bachelor's degrees to PhD programmes. In this case, admission procedure varies depending of the programme's level and your country of origin :
- Students from the EU or International students have to follow a specific procedure, depending on their country of origin, or their type of secondary school leaving certificate
Consult our dedicated section about Applying to a 1st year of Bachelor's degree
Students coming from a country affected by the Etudes en France procedure must apply on Etudes en France with a DAP – Demande d'Admission Préalable (Preliminary Admission Request,) :
- Registrations opened since 1st November 2020
- Registrations close on 17 January 2021
- University response and proposals for acceptance : before 23 April 2021
- Student response : before 7 May 2021
► Prepare the documents required for your application
► For students who reside in one of the countries concerned by the Etudes en France procedure, apply on our application portal Etudes en France. For the other ones, apply on the application portal Candidatures.
- Registrations opened since November 1st 2020
- Deadline for submitting your application through the Campus France office : March 5th 2021
- Deadline for Campus France interview: April 30th 2021
- University response and proposals for acceptance : end of May/beginning of June 2021
- Student response : before May 7th 2021
In France, the admission procedure is the same for any students willing to enroll a Doctorate programme, whatever his nationality is. The fees are also always the same, that is to say €391, which are the same fees as for French students.
Find out more information about Research at Université de Rennes 1 HERE
Doctoral schools at Université de Rennes 1 ►
Research Units at Université de Rennes 1 ►
Doctorate programme at Université de Rennes 1 : From registration to thesis defense